Re: daily apache-ssl reload is causing probs (FIXED)

Hi,

On Tue, 20 May 2003 11:12:00 MDT, David Wilk writes:
>Ok, never mind.  Everything below is correct except for the solution.
>no matter how I get that SIGUSR1 sent to apache-ssl, it still fails the
>reload randomly - from the command line or from logrotate...

I haven't been carefully following this thread, so I may be answering
the wrong question.  If so, sorry to waste your time.

When you do a graceful restart, apache will spend a few minutes writing
to the old log files before it does the reload.

See <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/logs.html#rotation> for more details.

This may or may not have anything to do with your problem.

    --- Wade