Re: Intel Hyperthreading problem on server?

> > I do not appear to be having the same problem you guys are. The
machine
> > does not have a high load, but has not exhibited any problems
> > whatsoever. Running vanilla source 2.4.23 from kernel.org.
> >
> > Are you using Debian kernel packages or vanilla source? Any other
magic
> > going on? Possibly a bug in some other DSO you're using?
>
> Yeah, this may make sense..... i do use some pretty heavy php modules
> (xslt and dom), but the reference deployment in non-smp does the exact
> same thing and does not crash.

I am running just the standard Debian-compliled/included modules, except
for mod_throttle (and i think even that may have been included?!) and
mod_gzip (that too). Same thing... Apache hangs with SMP, works perfect
for non-SMP kernel. I compile directly from kernel.org kernels only, and
haven't used the Debian patched kernels in a long while.