Re: Multiple Server routet to one location

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 10:24:32PM +0100,
 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote
 a message of 61 lines which said:

> The internet connectivity is in some locations only V.90 or ISDN, so
> Web/Mail-Services are not possible permanently.
> ...and if I collect the Mail in Strasbourg, how can I send it effectif
> to Problem-POP's ?

Like several people on the list, I say: UUCP. [And, before you ask,
Michelle, yes, I used it in Kabul and it worked :-) ]

> I was thinking on collecting Mails and put it onto a shttp-cgi,
> which tar it up after a wget-request (e.g. all 30 minutes). Then on
> the Problem-POP it will decompressed and forward all Messages to
> procmail...

This would be reinventing the wheel when there is an already existing
and proven solution to do so.

> P.S.:	The Location is Ercec (Turkey) and Khoy (Iran) and there is
> 	nothing !

UUCP was invented when the connectivity in most Europe was no better
than what you have in Iran now :-)