Re: 3ware 8506-4 hangs while making filesystem

On Dec 13, 2003, at 00:27, Tinus Nijmeijers wrote:

so I'm still hoping it's a driver-version issue, but that would be
strange considering Andrew Miehs's post, although he mentions he does
not use a raid-setup (why use an 8506-8(!) and not do raid?), maybe that
is important.

I decided on the 3ware controller because it was a highly recommended SATA controller. Just checked my machine again. Sorry, in the debian box, its only a 8506-4. and am running 2.4.22.

Strange, normally I would have just used bf24... I think I must have had a problem with 2.4.18 and thats why the upgrade. (The 3ware controller is the only non standard hardware in this box).

My other box (8506-8) had Suse installed on it by my supplier for testing purposes. I have since upgraded to debian and have 2.4.23 (I net Install my machines), and it also works here.

So in other words, you are probably correct thinking its a driver issue.

Sorry bout the confusion,

Andrew