Re: 3ware 8506-4 hangs while making filesystem

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 00:18, Jason Lim wrote:
> I would suggest you have a look at the 3dm log file in /var/log as this
> sounds like an issue in the communication between the linux disk io
> buffering subsystem and the 3ware card. However, since you're just
> performing the installation, i doubt you can load up 3dmd during that time
> (can you?).

no, I don't think I can.

the post from Andrew Miehs would suggest I have a hardware problem,
maybe the card itself or ram or the mainboard.
right now I'm formatting a 470G NTFS partition to install win2k (still
downloading redhat-8) on and the format is at 34% (woody would stop
after maybe 30 seconds).
so I'm still hoping it's a driver-version issue, but that would be
strange considering Andrew Miehs's post, although he mentions he does
not use a raid-setup (why use an 8506-8(!) and not do raid?), maybe that
is important.

tinus