Re: Ticketing systems

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 04:01:30PM -0000, Dan Ros wrote:
> We are looking for a open source ticketing system. This is to be a internal
> ticketing system, for escalated queries only, ie; not general tech support
> queries. The helpdesk has their own proprietary system they use. At the
> moment we are modifying bugzilla to fit our needs, but I was wondering what
> other list members use.

We're using bugin (http://www.notgod.com/?area=projects) it was easy to
install and customize (integration with our custommers DB and ldap), but
it's a little bit too simple (no mail gateway...etc). So I'm working in
replacing it with RT (bestpractical.com). A really great, widely used,
stable and extensible system. It just need some work to feet our needs
but is designed to do that easily. The only real problem with RT is it's
needing for a recent perl install (5.8 for rt 3.x), so I build a
dedicated perl for it to make it running on a woody box. Least, it seems
to need a correct amount of memory (mod_perl or fastcgi eat RAM for

My 0,27 sesterces.

--
Emmanuel Lacour ------------------------------------ Easter-eggs
44-46 rue de l'Ouest  -  75014 Paris   -   France -  Métro Gaité