Re: bandwidht restricted.

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 18:26, Erik Grinaker wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 18:05, debian@isabeldeespana.org wrote:
> > Is There any utility which allows me restrict the use of bandwidht? It´s
> > possible restrict by service and or by IP, users etc...
>
> Linux has excellent support for bandwidth shaping, but you will need to
> tweak it quite a bit before everything works perfectly in your
> environment.

By the way; I recommend you have a close look at the HTB, SFQ and CBQ
algorithms in particular. I use HTB, with SFQ on the leaf nodes, and it
works like a charm (HTB is only available in the most recent 2.4
kernels).

You will need tc, from the iproute package, to set things up...

--
Erik Grinaker
http://erikg.wired-networks.net

This signature has been rot13-encrypted twice, reading it is illegal
under the terms of the DMCA.