Re: Best way to update perl on Woody Stable ?

You could install the CPAN module on your current system, then use it to update Perl.

CAVEAT: CPAN and Debian have, in the past, placed Perl in two separate locations. When I did
this before, I did have a problem configuring Perl correctly afterwards. It (CPAN) is mainly
designed, from what I saw, to update a Standard perl installation, standard being whatever
CPAN (the organization) says it is (which is pretty standard).

Other than that, I don't know. Look at http://cpan.org/ports/index.html for one thing. But,
I'm not sure if any of these will break a Debian install.

Rod