Re: named + virtual domains

Rod Rodolico wrote:

Quick question:

Does anyone know the correct way to set up virtual domains (all pointing to one IP). I simply
create A records for them, but nslint complains because my reverse DNS points back to one
domain. It doesn't seem right to put multiple PTR records for the same IP. Is it just nslint
telling me I'm doing something non-standard? Seems to work . . .

Thanks,

Rod

It's a bit cleaner to user CNAMEs in this case... at least from a dlint perspective.

...Of course, that only applies to a hostname like "www.example.com", if you decide you want to point an A record for "example.com" to your web server, I believe you must use an A record. In that case, you have to live with some noise from dlint/nslint.

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.
2125 1st Ave East