Re: RIPE Autonomously System: Question?

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 23:40, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:52:03PM +0300, kgb wrote:
>
> > Next week i'll have AS from RIPE i'll be local LIR can i use zebra with
> > bgpd on my debian linux to manage my network? i don't want to spend
> > money for cisco router.
>
> Yes, Debian & Zebra might a fine option for bgp routing. The only
> problem comes if you want to shift more traffic than the PC
> architecture can deal with. You might also want to take a look at
> Quagga, which is a more actively maintained Zebra fork. It's available
> as a Debian package in unstable, I've no idea how easily it'll backport
> to stable though.
>
> J.

Yes and i thing that, do you know with mine architecture how traffic can
shift my PC without problem? And with more stronger PC architecture can
shift more traffic is that right? I mean zebra don't have problem with
big traffic if pc architecture is good?
--
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes!