RE: Is sendmail trusted-user feature broken?

Sorry, but do you have changed the default user for apache
from 'www-data' to 'apache'?
Otherwise you have to put

www-data

into one line of '/etc/mail/trusted-users'.
That works on our servers (pure woody).
Our 'submit.mc':

OSTYPE(`debian')dnl
DOMAIN(`debian-msp')dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl

Please be aware about the position -
- it dosen't work everywhere within that file!

Christian