Re: Slightly OT: They're forcing me to install Red Hat

I've spent time in both redhat & debian (though mostly in debian)

apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade -s ; apt-get upgrade # if OK

...is zero $

up2date 	# $50 per year per machine.
		# fewer built in packages

If $ is a concern to your boss, then postgres is probably the equal of
oracle for most people. Postgres is supported on debian.

Another factor, moving from potato to woody was trivial.

I **think** the upgrade process for redhat involves fdisk....but this may
be different for the $500 enterprise version.