Re: Slightly OT: They're forcing me to install Red Hat

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:45, Tomàs Núñez Lirola wrote:
> Oracle not giving support to Debian users. But we don't have any Oracle
> server, he worries for the future.

Oracle does not support all versions of Red Hat, and will not continue to
support the currently supported versions for all time.

If you install Red Hat now and Oracle at some future time there is a good
chance that your version of Red Hat will not be supported by Oracle, thus
requiring an upgrade.

Changing from today's Debian to the future version of Red Hat should not be
much more difficult than changing from today's Red Hat, and offers you all
the Debian benefits in the mean time.