Re: Antivirus license

I do not address the license problem, but rather the utility of a n
antivirus for e-mail .
Such beast hogs the server, and give a false sense of safety to user.
I feel better
 1. delegate to end user, i do not use AV , i nearly always use win, i
receive about 500 messages per day, but never got a virus installed in
my computer.
  2. if you cannot trust completely your user use a resident antivirus on
ws, at least this would hog their machine, not the server !
  3. if the virus is new option 2 could not work, but even the server one
could fail, more difficult with option 1.
provide a good debugger to your user.

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile