Re: Raid 1 woes

:-> "Craig" == Craig  <craigsc@zdata.co.za> writes:

    > Hi guys
    > I am getting the following error message from cron

    > Does anyone know what steps I need to take to resync these broken mirrors ?

First of all, check why your disks have failed. Once you're sure the
disks are ok,

raidhotadd /dev/mdX /dev/sdYZ

where YZ are the device and the partition of the disk to add
(I don't remember right now if you can use the symlinked device or you
have to type in the full devfs path, check yourself :)

    > And what the U stands for ?

U means disk in use, _ means missing disk (missing in the sense that
it is configured but not used in the raid because not in sync)

    > Thanks

    > -------------------

    > WARNING: Some disks in your RAID arrays seem to have failed!
    > Below is the content of /proc/mdstat:

    > Personalities : [raid1]
    > read_ahead 1024 sectors
    > md2 : active raid1 ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part4[0]
    >       55552704 blocks [2/1] [U_]

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.21-pre5-ac3 #1 Sat Mar 15 22:04:18 CET 2003 i686 GNU/Linux