Re: which dns server to use ?

On 08 Apr 2003, Thomas Lamy wrote:
> I recently switched to mydns (http://mydns.bboy.net/). As all data is stored
> in a mysql (or pgsql) backend, it's easy to edit zones/resource records. And

While I see that it may be useful to have zone data in an sql
backend, I don't like the idea of plugging a mission-critical
service such as a dns server directly to an sql database. A dns
server has to be as simple as possible, with as few dependencies as
possible. Serving zone data directly from an sql database increases
the complexity of your system and adds new points of failure, what
is especially undesirable in the case of a dns server.

Just my 0.02 francs.

Cheers,

Oliver