Re: Mail server

If its of any help, at my last firm, we had 1000 email domains all using different setup's their were 900 pop accounts checking their mail every 5 - 10 mins our set up was

Sendmail 8.11
Debian 3.0 kernel 2.4.18
intel 550Mhz
256Mb Ram
40Gb Hd

Machine load never above 0.7

Asher Densmore-Lynn wrote:

Can anyone give me any figures on how much machine I need to serve as a mail server for N users?

I appreciate that every server is unique, but I can't judge these things for the life of me, and if I had baseline numbers I could modify them to suit. \:

I'm looking at a thousand users, but anything would help.