Re: Virtual hosting solutions

Hi,

Le Mercredi 19 Février 2003 05:08, Alexander Reelsen a écrit :
> Hi folks

[snip]
> I'm completely independent in the backend choice, but I think it will
> scale down to either LDAP, mysql or pgsql. Anyone can give some hints what
> backend has which advantages and disadvantages? There will be a max of
> 50-70 domains, so it does not need to be hyperperformant, all services
> also run on one system.
>
> Any hints, URLS or tools are welcome. Any comments and experience reports
> are very welcome :)

You can have a look at:
http://www.xams.org/
http://www.alternc.org/index.php.en
http://webcp.can-host.com/
http://halfdans.net/index.py?p=vertigo
http://www.vhffs.org/

webmin (www.webmin.com) and usermin (www.usermin.com) can also do the job very
well.

Here, help on installing Ispman on woody:
http://gabriel.orangebits.de/de/bits/ispman_woody.html/

Don't forget to make a report about what solution you choose and why ;-)

> Oh, and btw, there isn't any complete virtual hosting solution in debian,
> maybe it's time to change that. Building such a system by just installing
> one package might be very tempting to switch to debian as the first server
> choice for people who haven't done so yet :-)

A virtual hosting task with all necessary packages will be a great feature to
make Debian more ISP friendly.

Cheers.