RE: Oracle 9i on Linux

ref@tretmine.org wrote:
> Yes, that's true.

Not generally on Linux, and unless Alexander has more recent information
than I do, Oracle (the company) doesn't really like you to use raw
partitions and it doesn't offer that much of a performance increase.
Theodore might be thinking of Oracle's IFS ("Internet File System")
which lets you store content in the database and expose it as a network
filesystem.

--
C. R. Oldham
Director of Technology