Re: Bandwidth monitoring

Hi

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 09:36:12AM +0100, debian-isp wrote:
> For me it would be interessting how I can monitor traffic per
> Ip Adress reliably ( I tried ipacsum ) and graph the data;
> I gues it is only possible by assinging each customer a seperate
> IP address and then .. What do you use ?
What's the problem with ipacsum? Works out nice for each IP address, if you
don't like it try net-acct, ulogd-acct or iptacct.

I'm not sure what tool you want. My reading is, that you want to graph
statistics for each customer, but not having an own IP address for each
customer.

I am not aware of such a tool, however, some perl combined with RRDtool
should be able to do this (makes the graph, but does not give anything to
create your bill), along with the already mentioned solution of inserting
everything from the logs into an SQL database, where you also can do
graphing and billing from.

If anyone knows a free application for such a task, please report. :)

MfG/Regards, Alexander

--
Alexander Reelsen   http://tretmine.org
ref@tretmine.org