Re: virtual ftp folders

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 at  9:07:15 -0600, Bernie Berg wrote:
> Howdy,
> 	I'm running woody with with the woody packages.  I would like to
> 	make it so when a user logs in via ftp they only see the folder
a specify,

Folder? You mean directory, don't you? This is not Windose :-) .

> not the entire file structure.  What would be the best ftp server to use
> for the task, and how would I configure it?  I currently use proftp.

OK. Proftpd supports it.
Use DefaultRoot command in proftpd.conf. E.g.:

DefaultRoot ~ lusers

will cause that users from Unix group "lusers" will enter directly to
their own home directories after login and they will not be able to go
"higher".

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 tomek@lodz.tpsa.pl   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.