Re: virtual ftp folders

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Bernie Berg wrote:

> Howdy,
> 	I'm running woody with with the woody packages.  I would like to make
> it so when a user logs in via ftp they only see the folder a specify,
> not the entire file structure.  What would be the best ftp server to use
> for the task, and how would I configure it?  I currently use proftp.
> Thanks!

Proftpd is a good one to use. Have a look at
to setup VHOSTS.

If you however are talking about locking people into their home
directories look at the DefaultRoot directive

Rus Foster
http://www.65535.net | MSN: support@65535.net
Lifetime Linux or FreeBSD account: $100 || Lifetime Hosting: $150
Offsite Backups - Remote System Monitoring - Email Hosting