Re: Compaq Proliant DL320 installation.

Hi samuele,

You can use alien to extract or convert the rpm packages to .deb this works allmost for all packages. Good luck with sorting out the missing or version mismatched libraries. ;)

Grtnx,
        Robbert Helling.

At 19:16 20-1-2003, you wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 at 10:28:03 +0100, samuele@cln.it wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am just installing Woody on a Compaq Proliant DL320 server (PIII
> 1.13GHz), and the various Compaq Agents drivers are avaiable for
> different releases of RedHat, SuSE and some other distros except Debian.
> I wonder if I'd just `apt-get install rpm` and try to install one of the
> rpm'ed packages avaiable on the official site or there is a better
> solution (e.g. alien or whatever). If someone have experienced with
> Debian on those server, some help is appreciated :)

Not on such server but on another: Proliant ML570.
I haven't tried any Compaq "agents" on it though. I have tried
lm-sensors but I haven't succeeded, even with some help from lm-sensors
people. Maybe Compaq has modified the hardware in some not typical
way...

Good luck
--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only