Re: Compaq Proliant DL320 installation.

Yes Im not impressed either, Ive had words with  HP/Compaq reps over the
crappy support for Debian, indeed I think the RH support is half hearted at
best. Ive tried running rpm under debian with this compaq stuff and it failed
miserably, but this was on a 1600R. Ive had woody and rh 7.2 ~ 8.0 on these
dl320 machines fine, but of course software raid is a joke....

If appropriate and your budget will stand it I'd suggest hwraid, so thats the
dl360, or look at a dell which is what Im doing at present.

regards

Thing