Re: SpamAssassin Causing Server Startup Failure

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Bishop" <tech@bishop.dhs.org>
To: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: SpamAssassin Causing Server Startup Failure

> > For some, this is near impossible - I'm in Zurich, my server is in
> > Bern...
>
> Then I don't understand how you would expect staying in runlevel 1 would
work
> at all: init 1 doesn't start up network services.  A solution for you
would
> be to create your own custom runlevel (like, say, grabbing 4), and having
it
> startup ssh and nothing else.  Then, if you are having a problem like
this,
> you can, well, I dunno.  How *do* you troubleshoot boot problems?

What about connecting a com port with another server and using serial
console?
I've made very positive experience with that. For example than you could
unmount
an mount the root partition! So you >>could<< troubleshoot boot problems
too!
You only need a null modem cable and somthing like minicom on the other end.

Christian