Moving old inbox to new address

I've got a user who has an inbox on a server that I run
(qpopper/sendmail/mbox if that makes a diff) They've not
been actively checking their email and now want the address that I
control to be forwarded to a different email server that I don't run,
and they want all their email waiting in their inbox on my server to be
sent to their new address on someone else's server.

An obvious solution would be to just make them pop their mail from
my server once and be done with it. However,  I'd prefer doing
everything myself on the server side. They would no doubt call me
several times in the course of getting their client set up to pop their
old messages, and I'd prefer to just cut around that whole mess.

An ideal solution would be a script I could run against their existing
inbox on my server that would send each of their waiting messages to
their new address.

Anyone have any pointers? Any tips that work (procmail recipe, netcat
script, ect.) would be most welcome.