Re: Moving old inbox to new address

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 05:18:16PM -0600, Dustin Douglas wrote:
> I've got a user who has an inbox on a server that I run
> (qpopper/sendmail/mbox if that makes a diff) They've not been actively
> checking their email and now want the address that I control to be
> forwarded to a different email server that I don't run, and they want
> all their email waiting in their inbox on my server to be sent to
> their new address on someone else's server.
> [...]
> An ideal solution would be a script I could run against their existing
> inbox on my server that would send each of their waiting messages to
> their new address.

simplest way would be (as root):

mutt -f /path/to/mailbox
T.<enter>;bnewadddress@newdomain<enter>

i.e. "load the mailbox in mutt, tag all messages, then bounce tagged
messages to newaddress@newdomain".

no need to write a script for a once-off.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.