Help with Apache::Admin::Config Requested

I've managed to get the configuration objects doing what I need with
Apache::Admin::Config except for two things. When I do obj->add_blank() it
doens't seem to add the blank lines nor does conf->save write the
configuration to the file. I can see what was created by doing a print
conf->dump_raw so it is updating the vhost and conf objects, but it just
won't write to disk. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check for
glitches?