Re: djb and multiple IPs

    BM> Here's one: consider the domain bogus.internal served by the
    BM> proxy/gateway box that also doubles as a caching DNS server for
    BM> resolvers inside a firewall.  This is not unusual.

    ANP> Just run the server on the public IP address and the cache on
    ANP> the internal (private) IP address.  [...]

Hmm, the 127.0.0.1 way outlined by another lister is much better, no
need for listening on the public IP.

    ANP> By "only have one public IP address" I meant only have _one_
    ANP> IP address, sorry. I also assume that there is no shortage
    ANP> for private IPs (you can always add one more to a host).

Oh sure, I was just responding to the "who'd need such a thing"
question, not to the "how would one do this if one cannot run both
kinds of servers on one interface" one.  It turns out you weren't
asking the question I thought you were!

cheers,

BM