Re: djb and multiple IPs

Tomasz Papszun writes:
> If I understand djbdns' documentation correctly, it is _impossible_ to
> run both DNS functions: authoritative-only NS ('tinydns') and
> recursive/caching server ('dnscache') on the same IP address, right?

Right. Two different programs can't bind to port 53 on the same IP address.

> I know that it's better when these functions are separated and run on
> different IP addresses.

Yes.

> But using different addresses for them is _not_ an option for me, due
> to various reasons.

Why? Can you list the reasons? For example, do you really need an external
cache and a server running on the same machine, which can only have one public
IP address?

There are many configurations you could try, depending on your network
topology.

Regards,

--
Adriano