Re: New BIND 4 & 8 Vulnerabilities

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 12:53:51PM -0600, Sonny Kupka wrote:
> Why not use Bind 9.2.1..
>
> It's in woody.. When I came over from Slackware to Debian I installed
> it and haven't looked back..
>
> The file format was the same from 8.3.* to 9.2.1 I didn't have to do
> anything..

is this fully backwards-compatible?

last time i looked at bind9, the zonefile format had some slight
incompatibilities - no problem if you only have a few zonefiles that
need editing, but a major PITA if you have hundreds.

if there are zonefile incompatibilities, is there a script
to assist in converting zonefiles?

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>