Re: DMA?

-Balu- Walter posts :

>> but do I have dma on?

DMA is not enabled.  Have you installed hdparm ?  Do an `apt-get install
hdparm' and  enable DMA  by doing `hdparm  -d1 /dev/hda'.  You  can also
pass on `-c1 -u1' to hdparm.  Please test out the hard disk read timings
by  doing  a`hdparn -t  /dev/hda'  before  and  after passing  the  said
arguments.

>> BuffType=unknown, BuffSize=2048kB, MaxMultSect=16, MultSect=16

You  can also  set the  multi-sector count  to 16  by passing  `-m16' to
hdparm.

>> BIOS is already using udma4, but the following tells me, it's off?

Anyway `man hdparm' and `hdparm --help'.

HTH.
--
ragOO, VU2RGU<->http://gnuhead.dyndns.org/<->GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E
       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio