Re: Evolution/Courier-IMAP acting strange

> I just tried it an got exactly the same behaviour.  I'm running Debian
> unstable, I have courier-imap 1.6.1-2 and evolution 1.2.0-4.  Normally I use
> kmail so I never noticed that evolution was having trouble.

Hrm.. makes me feel a bit more sane, but does confuse the matter a bit
more - it seems to be working now and I thought perhaps it was simply
b/c my account was holding funkiness of uw-imap behind..

> I tried removing and recreating the account with no success, I then tried
> removing various evolution config files and directories.  That led to an
> interesting observation ... even when removing ~/evolution, ~/.gnome/ and
> ~/.gconf/ evolution still knew my email settings.  I hunted around for the
> phantom config files that evolution was obviously reading but found none,
> finally I did an strace.
>
> Evolution (at least in Debian unstable) reads the directory
> /tmp/orbit-username/ ...
>
> After an "rm -rf /tmp/orbit-fraser/" I started Evolution and actually got a
> clean slate.

Yes, All GNOME apps use ORBIT - this isn't really the issue though, as I
could remove the account and have it be gone.  I will try this, though.

> I suggest you try removing /tmp/orbit-whoever to see if it cleans up the
> problem, evolution might be grabbing some outdated config information from
> there.

I'll try this if the problem pops up again..

Thanks!

-J