Re: djb and multiple IPs

Bulent Murtezaoglu writes:
> Hmm, the 127.0.0.1 way outlined by another lister is much better, no
> need for listening on the public IP.

Sure, if you don't want a public dns server (and don't need a cache in other
hosts accessing it, as in your example) that would be the recommended setup.

I use a variation of it in my dialup machine (forwarding only dnscache on
127.0.0.1, tinydns on 127.53.0.2).

> Oh sure, I was just responding to the "who'd need such a thing"
> question, not to the "how would one do this if one cannot run both
> kinds of servers on one interface" one.  It turns out you weren't
> asking the question I thought you were!

What I was trying to say (but expressing myself badly) is that the software
can be configured in a very flexible way, and that the functionality
separation in two programs (which is a good idea) shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,

--
Adriano