Re: djb and multiple IPs

Bulent Murtezaoglu writes:
> [...]
>     ANR> Why? Can you list the reasons? For example, do you really
>     ANR> need an external cache and a server running on the same
>     ANR> machine, which can only have one public IP address?  [...]
>
> Here's one: consider the domain bogus.internal served by the
> proxy/gateway box that also doubles as a caching DNS server for
> resolvers inside a firewall.  This is not unusual.

Just run the server on the public IP address and the cache on the internal
(private) IP address. You can easily configure the cache to ask the server for
the bogus and in-addr.arpa.x domains.

By "only have one public IP address" I meant only have _one_ IP address,
sorry. I also assume that there is no shortage for private IPs (you can always
add one more to a host).

Regards,

--
Adriano