Re: djb and multiple IPs

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 at  1:01:02 -0600, Jorge.Lehner@gmx.net wrote:
> El mar, 19-11-2002 a las 17:07, jernej horvat escribió:
> > I have a question about djbdns - can i have one control file for all
> > IP's/interfaces  that i have on one system ?
>
> You can configure env/IP to 0.0.0.0 so it will listen on _all_
> interfaces.

I've got related (but contrary) requirement.
If I understand djbdns' documentation correctly, it is _impossible_ to
run both DNS functions: authoritative-only NS ('tinydns') and
recursive/caching server ('dnscache') on the same IP address, right?

I know that it's better when these functions are separated and run on
different IP addresses.

But using different addresses for them is _not_ an option for me, due
to various reasons.

So, is there any way to run them on one address?
As I wrote above, as far as I know, not. But I'd like to be sure. I
really wanted to give djbdns a try, but this limitation eliminates
djbdns for me :-( .

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 tomek@lodz.tpsa.pl   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.