Re: Spamd not accessing MySQL database

> I have restarted all daemons several times but /var/log/mysql.log shows no
> accesses coinciding with scanned messages.

The only thing I can think of is the 'localhost' specified in the DBI
connect string is trying to connect on 127.0.0.1 to TCP port 3306. Debian
disables TCP connections for MySQL by default...

So you can either just drop the ':localhost' from the connect string, or put
a hash at the start of the 'skip-networking' line in /etc/mysql/my.cnf =)

Of course, I could well be wrong - I spent most of yesterday trying to get
spamd working with SQL - where did you find the doc that said to use "-aqx"
in /etc/default/spamassassin ?

I used "-q -x" and it works great - I don't know if spamd's arg-processing
prefers it that way.

gdh