Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 10:43 AM, Jason Lim wrote:

Well, Thank God the chinese CCCP (China) party meetings aren't like that. Can you imagine 1000's of leaders of each province getting into an "heated
discussion" like that?

And besides... having those western legistative ppl... in Australia, USA,
etc. acting like children, in front of everyone... is that really
something to be proud of?

Ugh, since when did this turn into a racist political debate?

Its a rather human trait to lose your temper, and legislators of eastern countries are just as able to fly off the handle as legislators in western countries. Not that I consider Australia to be 'The West' - Australia needs to forge much closer ties to it's asian neighbours, and needs to start thinking of itself in different terms.

Ah... but if I had not brought this to light, would you have even KNOWN
about what was happening? Also keep in mind... it was "mail sent FROM the
USA THROUGH Asia). People in Asia have no interest in your Penis
Enhancements, Breast Enlargers, Free Trips to Vegas, 0% APR Credit Card,
and all the rest of the crap that USA spammers send out.

I believe everyone is in agreement then. Not only are you not interested in it, but the internet as a majority is not interested either. If people would stop responding to the damn spam and making it 0.00001% effective, we wouldn't have it. Damn that 0.00001% of the population!

Nope. Things like the Debian Constitution prevent any one person from
doing stupid and abusive things. Okay... it can happen, but by following rules and guidelines set out, there is far less opportunity for things to
be abused and go wrong, don't you agree?

It doesn't stop a group of people doing a stupid thing all as one unit, though, does it?

We're listed there too... nearly everyone i've looked up is there. Very
few people use them. I don't care if you or I are on it.

Osirusoft on the other hand is far more popular. That is why I am bringing
this to light.

So, there are 2% of the internet using it as opposed to about 0.5%. Whoopee do.

Look, this discussion is useless. People using the Osirusoft blackhole are making a choice to do so. If someone tries to email them legitimately from a blocked subnet, and the mail doesn't get through, then thats their choice.

Just because you, or I, don't like the list or the way its run doesn't mean they shouldn't use it.

Nathan.

--
"You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered
pansexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."