Re: Maildirs in Debian

Nate wrote:
> I'm not trying to change your mind on anything, but I think there's
> something you're overlooking - vacations. I was out of town last week,
> and my "systems" folder is the list where my SysAdmin team gets email.
> It receives anywhere from 500 to over 1000 email messages a day. In one
> week that's quite a lot of email. maildir helps quite a bit with large
> mail loads like this.

Yes, but having a long wait when opening your folder a couple of times a
year
because you've been away on vacation is another thing entirely to willingly
subjecting yourself once (or several times) a day to having to sit and wait
for some mailing list folder to open just because you have every email since
you joined the list in there still :)

/Phil