Re: offtopic - viruses

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:38, Marcin Sochacki wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 04:19:56PM -0400, Russell Coker wrote:
> > I do not get viruses because I do not use MS software.
> > If you use Outlook then please do not put my email address in your
> > address-book so that WHEN you get a virus it won't use my address in the
> >
> > >From field.
>
> Actually, with Klez and future "smart" viruses the above sentence
> is partially false. They also scan local Outlook folders and use some
> random email addresses found there. No address-book is necessary.

True, maybe I should change it to request that no-one store my email address
on a Windows machine.

At the airport today the security guard asked me to turn on my computer, I
did and it displayed the KDE screen-blanker password prompt.  Then I waited
and waited, and asked the security guard what he was waiting for.  He said
"I'm waiting for it to start Windows", I replied "of course it's not going to
start Windows, I don't use that crap".