Re: Admin for E-MAIL users only

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, rj wrote:

> What is the best way to delegate some root privileges for a user
> which could only create e-mail accounts and make newaliases?

I often setup email accounts without needing any superuser privilege.

I use vm-pop3d running as its own vm-pop3d user and authenticating
against its own passwd files. And configure Exim to use those passwd files
and aliases files for receiving mail. None of the files needs to be owned
or only writable by root. (So maybe you user could be part of a group that
has permissions to modify them.)

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/