Re: pppd+radius ?

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:20, Emile van Bergen wrote:

> > > Portslave's pppd doesn't do accounting, no.
> >
> > Yes it does, it's been doing it for quite a while, and every version in
> > Debian has done it.
>
> Since when is support also in upstream? I looked Januari this year...

Since late 2000, and it fully worked since early 2001.  You looked in the
wrong place, you should have looked in SourceForge.  I'm the main upstream
author...

> > Is this the one that's in the PPP CVS now?
>
> I don't think so, as I haven't published it earlier. There was a
> possibility that the guy who sponsored the development wanted to extend
> the embargo, that's why I kept it closed so far.
>
> I heard about that RADIUS support in ppp CVS just at the time I was
> almost with my solution. I needed some extra things like full MSCHAPv2 /
> MPPE support *via* RADIUS anyway, so I didn't think it worth it to look
> at it extensively.

I think that the code in the PPP CVS does most (if not all) of this.  But I
haven't looked at all of it yet.  Been too busy copying code into Portslave.
;)