Re: pppd+radius ?

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Russell Coker wrote:

> > > Yes it does, it's been doing it for quite a while, and every version in
> > > Debian has done it.
> >
> > Since when is support also in upstream? I looked Januari this year...
>
> Since late 2000, and it fully worked since early 2001.  You looked in the
> wrong place, you should have looked in SourceForge.  I'm the main upstream
> author...

I must have, indeed. But in any case, at the time I found that portslave
was geared a lot towards the 'getty' side of things, and didn't support
CHAP, never mind MSCHAP with all its frills (not that I think those are
'better' than PAP, but that's what my client needed), so I decided that
hacking all that into it was more work than starting with
pppd+MSCHAP+MPPE and OpenRADIUS, which could also benefit from the
project.

> I think that the code in the PPP CVS does most (if not all) of this.  But I
> haven't looked at all of it yet.  Been too busy copying code into Portslave.
> ;)

Yes, it's a shame - three RADIUS clients for pppd now, with slightly
varying feature sets. Oh well, these things happen. The only advantage
my patch still has perhaps is that it's used in production now and
applies against a production pppd.

Cheers,

Emile.

--