Re: Xeon on Linux

Hi Patrick

Not sure on Linux Kernels for the Xeon, but a few packages don't run the best on dual processor systems. From what I understand, bind 8 will run on dual processor but won't ever use the second processor, so in this case the faster single processor system would be my choice. However a dual system would be good for a system running many services.....

What application is the server for?

Cheers
Glenn Hocking
Publish Media Pty Ltd

http://www.sitegeneral.com/

Patrick Hsieh wrote:

Hello,

How does Linux support Xeon CPU currently?
I am considering to use dual P-III 1G or single Xeon 2.2G architecture.

Any suggestions appreciated.