Re: user name length

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Glenn Hocking wrote:

> sendmail and qpopper.
>
> so that  glenn@sitegeneral.com is a total different user than
> glenn@publishmedia.com

You must have some special customized sendmail and qpopper, because they
do not support that in first place (unless maybe the email address is
strange user@domain@domain).

> I have a new client that wants to use their original email setups that
> use the full email address for pop3. Not sure what system the used to
> use (NT) but their usernames are as above. It all works except for max
> of 32 characters.

vm-pop3d is what I use and code. It can use longer usernames.

  Jeremy C. Reed
echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'