Re: user name length

It's actually very easy to do virtual users with standard unix users,

I use sendmail with feature 'stickyhost'

and just use a virtusertable as follows

glenn@sitegeneral.com                    publish01
glenn@publishmedia.com                 publish01
glenn@someotherclient.com            client01
sales@someotherclient.com             client02

And just have a password setting program that accepts the email address, looks up the virtusertable and changes the password for the associated unix user.

Infact with this sort of setup you can do unlimited aliases, forwarding and with a couple of more lines of code using the aliases database you can even do multidrop forwarding etc.

Hardest thing to do though is educate your customers to use their assigned PO Box which is an assigned account number such as for Pepsi I would use

pepsi001
pepsi002
pepsi999

Then a simple web based virtusertable editing program.......

Cheers
Glenn Hocking
Publish Media Pty Ltd

http://www.sitegeneral.com/