Re: user name length

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Glenn Hocking wrote:

> Thanks
>
> However I have been running virtual email where user !=  email address
> for some time.

That's different; I mean POP3 user != unix user != email address.

That is, you use *two* mappings tables, to also separate POP3 users from
Unix users (most schemes like that use the same Unix user for all POP3
users), thus allowing you to use POP3 username conventions (and user
counts) not easily supported by unix's /etc/passwd.

Look at eg. vpopmail.

Cheers,

Emile.

--