Re: postfix and relayhost question

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 11:43, Patrick Hsieh wrote:
> I configure my relayhost in main.cf of postfix.
> When I send a mail with multiple recipients in an envelope, how to make
> it just one single smtp connection from the postfix server to the
> relayhost? I tried to use netstat -nt to view the smtp connection and
> found postfix use 5 smtp connections to my relayhost. It seems to divide
> the envelope into multiple single recipient and send them individually.

Probably, this is a product of *_destination_recipient_limit being set
too low.  I guess if you change default_ or smtp_ to something higher
than your current value, say 500, it will reduce the number of
connections used.

--
Jeff S Wheeler               jsw@five-elements.com
Software Development            Five Elements, Inc