Re: Radius choices now that freeradius has been dropped from woody.

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 00:28:04 -0400, Chuck Peters wrote:
> > One of our techs wants to use freeradius on a production box, but now that
> > it has been dropped from woody I would rather use something else.
>
> Looking at
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html#radiusd-freeradius
> the one problematic bug can be worked around by compiling from source - you
> could consider having both testing and unstable in the box's sources.list,
> pinning it to testing, but using freeradius from unstable.

I don't like the idea of doing that on production boxes running multiple
services becuase it seems likely that some security update will cause a
cascade of upgrades or break something.  Most of the time unstable stuff
works fine, but sometimes it bites you in the ass.  Maybe if we setup a
seperate box running not much other than the freeraduis it could be ok.

At
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=142217&repeatmerged=yes
it says "radiusd-freeradius is too buggy.  This is a grave bug, by Policy
s2.1.2. Maybe it will be ready for Woody+1."

What does the Woody+1 mean, a minor release/update to woody or does it
mean sid?

Thanks,
Chuck