Re: slapd and pam_ldap in debian?

I am using pam_ldap without any trouble on a test system running
testing. It has been some while since I set the thing up, but it was
pretty straightforward, once all the ldap entries were created.

Have you checked what your auth.log says?

--
Paul Fleischer // ProGuy
<proguy@proguy.dk>

Registered Linux User #166300